POSITION: Treasurer – 1 day per week (or 2 half days)
REPORTS TO: School Committee
EDUCATION: Associate's degree or graduate from a recognized school of business and finance with major course work in accounting, finance, or related field and experience in analytical/interpretive accounting or auditing work. Other combinations of applicable education, training, and experience which provide the knowledge, abilities, and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position may be considered.
QUALIFICATIONS: Oversee all aspects of the financial accounting system; workingknowledge of school financing and accounting procedures. Record cash receipts and balance cash book. Transfer funds for accounts payable and payroll warrants. Reconcile bank statements each month. Be knowledgeable of financial laws and regulations as they pertain to regional school districts. Microsoft Office Suite and Budgetsense software familiarity a plus.
• Record cash receipts and balance cash book.
• Approve and check accounts payable before releasing checks for payment.
• Balance bank statements monthly.
• Transfer monies within accounts to cover all monthly expenditures.
• Knowledgeable of interest rates to earn highest rates.
• Be knowledgeable of financial laws and regulations as they pertain to regional school districts.
• Cash flow report
Start Date: ASAP Deadline: Until Filled
For information/application please contact: The Office of the Superintendent Pioneer Valley R.S.D. 97 F. Sumner Turner Road Northfield, MA 01360 (413) 498-2911 Applications online at: http://www.pvrsdk12.org/or at www.schoolspring.com